Sec. 4.3 . (a) As used in this section, “card skimming device” means a device that is designed to read information encoded on a credit card. The term includes a device designed to read, record, or transmit information encoded on a credit card:
(1) directly from a credit card; or
(2) from another device that reads information directly from a credit card.
(b) A person who possesses a card skimming device with intent to commit:
(1) identity deception ( IC 35-43-5-3.5 );
(2) synthetic identity deception ( IC 35-43-5-3.8 );
(3) fraud ( IC 35-43-5-4 ); or
(4) terroristic deception ( IC 35-43-5-3.6 );
commits unlawful possession of a card skimming device. Unlawful possession of a card skimming device under subdivision (1), (2), or (3) is a Level 6 felony. Unlawful possession of a card skimming device under subdivision (4) is a Level 5 felony.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.