Indiana Code Title 35. Criminal Law and Procedure § 35-31.5-2-128
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 128. (a) An individual is a “family or household member” of another person if the individual:
(1) is a current or former spouse of the other person;
(2) is dating or has dated the other person;
(3) is or was engaged in a sexual relationship with the other person;
(4) is related by blood or adoption to the other person;
(5) is or was related by marriage to the other person;
(6) has or previously had an established legal relationship:
(A) as a guardian of the other person;
(B) as a ward of the other person;
(C) as a custodian of the other person;
(D) as a foster parent of the other person; or
(E) in a capacity with respect to the other person similar to those listed in clauses (A) through (D); or
(7) has a child in common with the other person.
(b) An individual is a “family or household member” of both persons to whom subsection (a)(1), (a)(2), (a)(3), (a)(4), (a)(5), (a)(6), or (a)(7) applies if the individual is a minor child of one (1) of the persons.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 35. Criminal Law and Procedure § 35-31.5-2-128 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-35-criminal-law-and-procedure/in-code-sect-35-31-5-2-128.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?