Indiana Code Title 34. Civil Law and Procedure § 34-28-2-2.5
Search Indiana Code
Sec. 2.5 . (a) If a person petitioning for a change of name under this chapter is at least seventeen (17) years of age, the person's petition must include at least the following information:
(1) The person's date of birth.
(2) The person's current:
(A) residence address; and
(B) if different than the person's residence address, mailing address.
(3) The person's valid:
(A) Indiana driver's license number;
(B) Indiana identification card (as described in IC 9-24-16) number; or
(C) Indiana photo exempt identification card (as described in IC 9-24-16.5) number.
(4) A list of all previous names used by the person.
(5) Proof that the person is a United States citizen.
(6) A statement concerning whether the person holds a valid United States passport.
(7) A description of all judgments of criminal conviction of a felony under the laws of any state or the United States that have been entered against the person.
(b) A petition under subsection (a) is subject to Indiana Rules of Court Administrative Rule 9.
Read this complete Indiana Code Title 34. Civil Law and Procedure § 34-28-2-2.5 on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.