Sec. 5 . The council shall do the following:
(1) Assist in the coordination of the duties of the prosecuting attorneys of the state and their staffs.
(2) Prepare manuals of procedure.
(3) Give assistance in preparation of the trial briefs, forms, and instructions.
(4) Conduct research and studies that would be of interest and value to all prosecuting attorneys and their staffs.
(5) Maintain liaison contact with study commissions and agencies of all branches of local, state, and federal government that will be of benefit to law enforcement and the fair administration of justice in Indiana.
(6) Adopt guidelines for the expenditure of funds derived from a deferral program or a pretrial diversion program.
(7) The council shall:
(A) compile forfeiture data received under IC 34-24-1-4.5 ; and
(B) annually submit a report to the legislative council containing the compiled data.
The council shall submit the report to the legislative council before July 15 of every year. The report must be in an electronic format under IC 5-14-6. The council may adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 to implement this subdivision.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.