Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 15. (a) This section applies only to an electric easement that:
(1) is located outside a public right-of-way;
(2) does not expressly allow for the installation of communications infrastructure within the easement; and
(3) involves land on which a manufacturing facility is located.
(b) When installing, inspecting, or maintaining communications infrastructure within an electric easement described in subsection (a), an electricity supplier shall make a reasonable, good faith effort to notify the property owner of the installation, inspection, or maintenance of the communications infrastructure. With respect to the installation of communications infrastructure within an electric easement described in subsection (a), the electricity supplier shall provide the property owner with the notice required under section 8 of this chapter.
(c) The failure of an electricity supplier to comply with the notification requirement set forth in subsection (b) does not:
(1) create any liability with respect to the electricity supplier beyond that which would otherwise apply under applicable law; or
(2) create for the property owner a duty of care beyond what is owed by the property owner under IC 34-31-11.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 32. Property § 32-30-16-15 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-32-property/in-code-sect-32-30-16-15.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?