Indiana Code Title 32. Property § 32-17-1-2
Search Indiana Code
Sec. 2 . (a) A conveyance of land that is:
(1) worded in substance as “A.B. conveys and warrants to C.D.” (insert a description of the premises) “for the sum of” (insert the consideration); and
(2) dated and signed, sealed, and acknowledged by the grantor;
is a conveyance in fee simple to the grantee and the grantee's heirs and assigns with a covenant as described in subsection (b).
(b) A conveyance in fee simple under subsection (a) includes a covenant from the grantor for the grantor and the grantor's heirs and personal representatives that the grantor:
(1) is lawfully seized of the premises;
(2) has good right to convey the premises;
(3) guarantees the quiet possession of the premises;
(4) guarantees that the premises are free from all encumbrances; and
(5) will warrant and defend the title to the premises against all lawful claims.
Read this complete Indiana Code Title 32. Property § 32-17-1-2 on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.