Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 3.5. (a) If the department receives a report concerning a missing child who is described in 42 U.S.C. 671(a)(9)(C)(i)(I), the department shall provide the following information to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children:
(1) Within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt, a copy of the report received by the department.
(2) Any other information or documentation in the possession of the department concerning the missing child that the department determines may be relevant to the location and return of the missing child.
(b) If the department receives a report concerning a missing child who is not described in 42 U.S.C. 671(a)(9)(C)(i)(I), the department may provide a copy of any report received by the department that is relevant to the location of the child to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
(c) If the department provides information to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children as provided in subsection (a) or (b), the department shall also provide the following to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children:
(1) A copy of any updated report provided to the department under IC 31-36-2-2.
(2) A copy of an assessment report completed by the department under IC 31-33-8.
(3) Any notification received by the department that the missing child has been located.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 31. Family Law and Juvenile Law § 31-36-1-3.5 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-31-family-law-and-juvenile-law/in-code-sect-31-36-1-3-5.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?