Indiana Code Title 31. Family Law and Juvenile Law § 31-33-3-1
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 1. (a) A community child protection team is established in each county. The community child protection team is a countywide, multidisciplinary child protection team. The team must include the following thirteen (13) members who reside in, or provide services to residents of, the county in which the team is to be formed:
(1) The director of the local office that provides child welfare services in the county or the local office director's designee.
(2) Two (2) designees of the juvenile court judge.
(3) The county prosecuting attorney or the prosecuting attorney's designee.
(4) The county sheriff or the sheriff's designee.
(A) the president of the county executive in a county not containing a consolidated city or the president's designee; or
(B) the executive of a consolidated city in a county containing a consolidated city or the executive's designee.
(6) A director of a court appointed special advocate or guardian ad litem program or the director's designee in the county in which the team is to be formed.
(A) a public school superintendent or the superintendent's designee; or
(B) a director of a local special education cooperative or the director's designee.
(8) Two (2) persons, each of whom is a physician or nurse, with experience in pediatrics or family practice.
(9) Two (2) residents of the county.
(10) The chief law enforcement officer of the largest law enforcement agency in the county (other than the county sheriff) or the chief law enforcement officer's designee.
(b) The director of the local office serving the county shall appoint, subject to the approval of the director of the department, the members of the team under subsection (a)(7), (a)(8), and (a)(9).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 31. Family Law and Juvenile Law § 31-33-3-1 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-31-family-law-and-juvenile-law/in-code-sect-31-33-3-1.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?