Skip to main content

Indiana Code Title 31. Family Law and Juvenile Law § 31-15-4-1

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Sec. 1.  (a) In an action for dissolution of marriage under IC 31-15-2 or legal separation under IC 31-15-3, either party may file a motion for any of the following:

(1) Temporary maintenance.

(2) Temporary support or custody of a child of the marriage entitled to support.

(3) Possession of property.

(4) Counseling.

(5) A protective order under IC 34-26-5.

(b) If a party desires a protective order under subsection (a)(5), the party must file a petition under IC 34-26-5 in the court in which the case is pending, and the court may not require the moving party to give security.  If the petitioner requests an ex parte protective order, the court shall immediately:

(1) review the request;  and

(2) if required, set a hearing;

under IC 34-26-5. The procedure and law for a proceeding under this subsection are controlled by IC 34-26-5.

Cite this article: - Indiana Code Title 31. Family Law and Juvenile Law § 31-15-4-1 - last updated June 08, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard