Sec. 2 . The purposes and policies of this article are as follows:
(1) To abolish the existing grounds for absolute and limited divorce and to provide as the basis for dissolution of marriage:
(A) irretrievable breakdown of the marriage;
(B) the conviction of either party, subsequent to the marriage, of a felony;
(C) impotence existing at the time of the marriage; and
(D) incurable insanity of either party for a period of at least two (2) years.
(2) To provide for the appropriate procedures for the dissolution of marriage.
(3) To provide for the disposition of property, child support, and child custody.
(4) To provide for separation agreements.
(5) To provide for a temporary legal separation.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.