Sec. 18 . (a) As used in this section, “candidate” includes an individual whom the person knows is considering becoming a candidate.
(b) A person who, for the purpose of influencing a voter or candidate, does any of the following commits a Level 6 felony:
(1) Seeks to enforce the payment of a debt by force or threat of force.
(2) Ejects or threatens to eject the voter or candidate from a house the voter or candidate occupies.
(3) Begins a criminal prosecution.
(4) Damages the business or trade of the voter or candidate.
(5) Communicates a threat to commit a forcible felony (as defined in IC 35-31.5-2-138 ) against a voter or candidate with the intent that the voter or candidate:
(A) engage in conduct against the voter's or candidate's will; or
(B) be placed in fear of retaliation for a prior lawful act as a voter or candidate.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.