Indiana Code Title 27. Insurance § 27-14-3-7
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 7. (a) Not later than July 1 of each year, an MIHC shall file with the commissioner an annual statement containing the following information:
(1) Audited financial statements, including:
(A) an income statement;
(B) a balance sheet;
(C) a statement of cash flows; and
(2) Complete information on the status of any condition imposed in connection with the approval of a plan of reorganization.
(3) An investment plan covering all assets of the MIHC.
(4) A statement that the MIHC and its affiliates have complied with section 8 of this chapter.
(5) A statement that describes any changes in the members' interests and the reason for any change in the members' interests.
(b) Not later than July 1 of the first, second, and third years after completion of a reorganization under IC 27-14-2, a reorganized insurer shall file with the commissioner:
(1) a certificate of an actuary stating that the methodology used by the reorganized insurer for any payment of policyholder dividends in the previous year complied with the methodology stated in the plan submitted under IC 27-14-2-4(5) or other methodology approved by the commissioner; and
(2) a certificate of an independent auditor of the reorganized insurer that the calculation of any participating policy dividends paid during the previous year complied with the methodology stated in the plan submitted under IC 27-14-2-4(5) and was accurate.
(c) If the certification of the actuary or auditor required in subsection (b) has not been filed or if the commissioner has other reasonable cause, the commissioner may employ at the expense of the reorganized insurer an independent actuary or auditor, or both, to issue the certifications required in subsection (b).
(d) The requirement to submit the certifications under subsection (b) may be extended by the commissioner beyond the third year after completion of a reorganization under IC 27-14-2:
(1) by order applicable to a particular recognized insurer if the commissioner determines that further certifications are necessary for the protection of the interests of the policyholders of the reorganized insurer; and
(2) by rule adopted under IC 4-22-2 if the commissioner determines that further certifications are necessary for the protection of the interests of the policyholders of all reorganized insurers or a particular class of reorganized insurers.
This chapter may be cited as the Municipal Annexation Act of 1969.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 27. Insurance § 27-14-3-7 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-27-insurance/in-code-sect-27-14-3-7/
Was this helpful?