Sec. 6 . (a) A motor vehicle repossession agent who repossesses or intends to repossess a motor vehicle or watercraft must provide the following information, if available, to the sheriff's department of the county having jurisdiction in the location where the motor vehicle repossession agent believes that the motor vehicle or watercraft will be found:
(1) The identity of the repossession company.
(2) A description of the motor vehicle or watercraft.
(3) The name and address of the person believed to be currently in possession of the motor vehicle or watercraft (if the repossession has not yet occurred), or believed to have been in possession of the motor vehicle (if the repossession has already occurred).
(4) The address where the motor vehicle repossession agent believes that the motor vehicle or watercraft will be found (if the repossession has not yet occurred), or the address where the motor vehicle was found when it was repossessed.
(b) A motor vehicle repossession agent must provide the information described in subsection (a):
(1) before the repossession occurs; or
(2) not later than two (2) hours after the repossession.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 26. Commercial Law § 26-2-10-6 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-26-commercial-law/in-code-sect-26-2-10-6.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.