Indiana Code Title 26. Commercial Law § 26-1-9.1-706
Search Indiana Code
(1) the filing of an initial financing statement in that office would be effective to perfect a security interest under IC 26-1-9.1;
(2) the pre-effective-date financing statement was filed in an office in another state or another office in this state; and
(3) the initial financing statement satisfies subsection (c).
(b) The filing of an initial financing statement under subsection (a) continues the effectiveness of the pre-effective date financing statement if the initial financing statement is filed:
(1) before IC 26-1-9.1 takes effect, for the period provided in IC 26-1-9-403 (before its repeal) for a financing statement; and
(2) after IC 26-1-9.1 takes effect, for the period provided in IC 26-1-9.1-515 for an initial financing statement.
(c) To be effective for purposes of subsection (a), an initial financing statement must:
(2) identify the pre-effective-date financing statement by indicating the office in which the financing statement was filed and providing the dates of filing and file numbers, if any, of the financing statement and of the most recent continuation statement filed with respect to the financing statement; and
(3) indicate that the pre-effective-date financing statement remains effective.
Read this complete Indiana Code Title 26. Commercial Law § 26-1-9.1-706 on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.