Sec. 1 . This article does not apply to any of the following:
(1) A telephone call made in response to an express request of the person called.
(2) A telephone call made primarily in connection with an existing debt or contract for which payment or performance has not been completed at the time of the call.
(3) A telephone call made on behalf of a charitable organization that is exempt from federal income taxation under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code , but only if all of the following apply:
(A) The telephone call is made by a volunteer or an employee of the charitable organization.
(B) The telephone solicitor who makes the telephone call immediately discloses all of the following information upon making contact with the consumer:
(i) The solicitor's true first and last name.
(ii) The name, address, and telephone number of the charitable organization.
(4) A telephone call made by an individual licensed under IC 25-34.1 if:
(A) the sale of goods or services is not completed; and
(B) the payment or authorization of payment is not required;
until after a face to face sales presentation by the seller.
(5) A telephone call made by an individual licensed under IC 27-1-15.6 or IC 27-1-15.8 when the individual is soliciting an application for insurance or negotiating a policy of insurance on behalf of an insurer (as defined in IC 27-1-2-3 ).
(6) A telephone call soliciting the sale of a newspaper of general circulation, but only if the telephone call is made by a volunteer or an employee of the newspaper.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.