Sec. 1 . A cemetery owner or anyone acting on behalf of a cemetery owner is not liable in any action for:
(1) a burial, entombment, or inurnment in the wrong lot, grave, grave space, burial space, crypt, crypt space, or niche;
(2) a disinterment, disentombment, or disinurnment of the wrong deceased remains;
(3) a repositioning of the remains of a deceased that encroach upon an adjacent lot, space, grave, grave space, or burial space;
(4) setting or installing a marker, monument, any type of memorial, or an outer burial container on the wrong lot, space, grave, grave space, or burial space; or
(5) installing any kind of foundation or other type of base for a marker, monument, or any type of memorial on the wrong lot or burial space.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.