Sec. 2 . (a) Except to the extent that the articles of incorporation or bylaws require that action by the board of directors be taken at a meeting, action required or permitted by this article to be taken at a board of directors' meeting may be taken without a meeting if the action is taken by all members of the board. The action must be:
(1) evidenced by one (1) or more written consents describing the action taken;
(2) signed by each director;
(3) included in the minutes or filed with the corporate records reflecting the action taken; and
(4) delivered to the secretary.
(b) Action taken under this section is effective when the last director signs the consent, unless:
(1) the consent specifies a different prior or subsequent effective date, in which case the consent is effective on that date; or
(2) no effective date contemplated by subdivision (1) is designated and the action taken under this section is taken electronically as contemplated by IC 26-2-8. If action is taken as contemplated by IC 26-2-8, the effective date is determined in accordance with IC 26-2-8.
A director's consent may be withdrawn by a revocation signed by the director and delivered to the corporation before the delivery to the corporation of unrevoked written consents signed by all the directors.
(c) A consent signed under this section has the effect of a meeting vote and may be described as such in any document.
(d) Action taken without a meeting is an organic action (as defined in IC 26-2-8-102(15) ).
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.