(1) insure and keep insured the employer's liability under IC 22-3-2 through IC 22-3-6 in some corporation, association, or organization authorized to transact the business of worker's compensation insurance in this state; or
(2) furnish to the worker's compensation board satisfactory proof of the employer's financial ability to pay direct the compensation in the amount and manner and when due as provided in IC 22-3-2 through IC 22-3-6.
(b) Under subsection (a)(2) the board may require the deposit of an acceptable security, indemnity, or bond to secure the payment of compensation liabilities as they are incurred. The board shall charge the following:
(1) An initial application fee of five hundred dollars ($500) to be paid along with the proof of financial ability required under this section.
(2) A renewal fee of two hundred fifty dollars ($250) if the employer holds a certificate of self insurance.
(3) A late filing fee of two hundred fifty dollars ($250).
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.