Sec. 7 . (a) Each school corporation shall include in the school corporation's curriculum the following studies:
(1) Language arts, including:
(D) speech; and
(E) second languages.
(3) Social studies and citizenship, including the:
(B) governmental systems; and
of Indiana and the United States, including a study of the Holocaust in each high school United States history course.
(5) Fine arts, including music and art.
(6) Health education, physical fitness, safety, and the effects of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, and other substances on the human body.
(7) Additional studies selected by each governing body, subject to revision by the state board.
(1) school corporation;
(2) charter school; and
(3) accredited nonpublic school;
shall offer the study of ethnic and racial groups as a one (1) semester elective course in its high school curriculum at least once every school year.
(c) The course described in subsection (b) may be offered by the school corporation, charter school, or accredited nonpublic school through a course access program administered by the department.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.