Sec. 16 . (a) Each school corporation shall include in the school corporation's high school health education curriculum instruction regarding the human organ donor program and blood donor program as adopted by the state board, including:
(1) the purpose of the human organ donor program and blood donor program;
(2) the statewide and nationwide need for human organ and blood donations; and
(3) the procedure for participation in the human organ donor program and blood donor program.
(b) The department shall, in consultation with the state department of health or any other appropriate organization, develop human organ donor program and blood donor program educational materials to be made available to school corporations to assist teachers assigned to teach the material described in this section.
(1) department shall develop guidelines; and
(2) state board shall adopt rules under IC 4-22-2;
concerning the instruction required under this section to assist teachers assigned to teach the material described in this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 20. Education § 20-30-5-16 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-20-education/in-code-sect-20-30-5-16.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.