Sec. 4 . A governing body may adjourn the governing body's schools for not more than three (3) days in a school year to allow teachers, school administrators, and paraprofessionals to participate in:
(1) a session concerning agricultural instruction conducted in the county;
(2) a meeting of a teachers' association;
(3) a visitation of model schools under a governing body's direction;
(4) a basic or inservice course of education and training on autism that is certified by the state board in conjunction with the state health commissioner and any other appropriate entity determined by the state board; or
(5) a basic or inservice course of education and training on:
(A) beginning in the 2016-2017 school year, mental health first aid ( IC 12-21-5-4 ); and
(B) the prevention of child suicide and the recognition of signs that a student may be considering suicide.
A governing body shall pay a teacher the teacher's per diem salary for the teacher's participation.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.