Sec. 4.5 . (a) Each school corporation, charter school, and accredited nonpublic school shall require each school employee likely to have direct, ongoing contact with children within the scope of the employee's employment to attend or participate in training on child abuse and neglect, including:
(1) training on the duty to report suspected child abuse or neglect under IC 31-33-5; and
(2) training on recognizing possible signs of child abuse or neglect;
at least once every two (2) years.
(b) The format of training under this section may include:
(1) an in-person presentation;
(2) an electronic or technology based medium, including self-review modules available on an online system;
(3) an individual program of study of designated materials; or
(4) any other method approved by the governing body that is consistent with current professional development standards.
(c) The training required under this section must count toward the requirements for professional development required by the governing body.
(d) The training required under this section must be during the school employee's contracted day or at a time chosen by the employee.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.