Indiana Code Title 2. General Assembly § 2-3-4-1
Search Indiana Code
Sec. 1 . (a) Any member of the general assembly, the principal clerk of the house of representatives, or the secretary of the senate may:
(1) take acknowledgment to deeds or other instruments in writing;
(2) administer oaths, protest notes, and checks;
(3) take the deposition of a witness;
(4) take and certify affidavits and depositions; and
(5) perform any other duty conferred upon a notary public by the statutes of Indiana.
(b) Acknowledgments to deeds or other instruments taken by any such person shall entitle such deeds or other instruments to be recorded the same as though acknowledged before a notary public.
Read this complete Indiana Code Title 2. General Assembly § 2-3-4-1 on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.