Indiana Code Title 14. Natural and Cultural Resources § 14-34-2-4
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 4. (a) The director may do the following:
(1) Apply for, accept, and use money from any legal source to aid in carrying out the purposes of this article.
(2) Conduct research related to coal mining activities.
(3) Collect and distribute information relating to mining activities.
(4) Engage in cooperative projects with an agency of the United States or of a state to carry out the purposes of this article.
(5) Request the attorney general to maintain an action in the name of the state in the appropriate court to restrain interference with the exercise of the right to enter or conduct work on any premises as provided by this article.
(6) With the approval of the governor, acquire and transfer land or transfer jurisdiction of the land to a state agency that can best use the land for public purposes.
(7) Submit to the federal Office of Surface Mining a formal state program amendment, subject to subsection (b).
(b) The director may submit a formal amendment to the state program for the regulation of surface coal mining and reclamation to the federal Office of Surface Mining only after the provisions of the amendment:
(1) have been approved by the governor; or
(2) have become law.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 14. Natural and Cultural Resources § 14-34-2-4 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-14-natural-and-cultural-resources/in-code-sect-14-34-2-4.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?