Indiana Code Title 14. Natural and Cultural Resources § 14-32-6.5-4
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 4. (a) If:
(1) a petition is filed under section 1(a)(1) of this chapter to change the boundaries of a district; and
(2) the territory proposed for inclusion in the reconfigured district includes all or part of the territory of one (1) or more other existing districts;
the petition must be accompanied by a copy of a joint resolution described in subsection (b).
(b) The resolution required by this section must be adopted by the supervisors and certified by the secretary of:
(1) the district into which the territory proposed for inclusion would be incorporated; and
(2) each district whose territory would be incorporated into the district referred to in subdivision (1).
(c) The resolution required by this section must set forth:
(1) the amount of the assets and obligations that would be transferred to the district referred to in subsection (b)(1) by each district referred to in subsection (b)(2) as part of the incorporation of territory; and
(2) the amount of the assets and obligations of the district referred to in subsection (b)(1) that would be retained by the district after the incorporation of territory.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 14. Natural and Cultural Resources § 14-32-6.5-4 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-14-natural-and-cultural-resources/in-code-sect-14-32-6-5-4.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?