Indiana Code Title 14. Natural and Cultural Resources § 14-31-1-14
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 14. To further the purposes of and to implement this chapter, the department shall do the following:
(1) Formulate policies for the selection, acquisition, use, management, and protection of nature preserves.
(2) Formulate policies for the selection of areas suitable for registration under this chapter.
(3) Formulate policies for the dedication of areas as nature preserves.
(4) Determine, supervise, and control the management of nature preserves and adopt and amend rules necessary or advisable for the use and protection of nature preserves.
(5) Encourage and recommend the dedication of areas as nature preserves.
(6) Make surveys and maintain registries and records of unique natural areas within Indiana.
(7) Carry on interpretive programs and publish and disseminate information pertaining to nature preserves and other areas within Indiana.
(8) Promote and assist in the establishment, restoration, and protection of and advise in the management of natural areas and other areas of educational or scientific value and otherwise to foster and aid in the establishment, restoration, and preservation of natural conditions within Indiana other than in the system.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 14. Natural and Cultural Resources § 14-31-1-14 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-14-natural-and-cultural-resources/in-code-sect-14-31-1-14.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?