Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 9. If an investigation under section 8 of this chapter discloses:
(1) that the well has:
(A) failed to furnish the well's normal supply of water; or
(B) based upon reasonable evidence of prior potability supplied by the owner, failed to furnish potable water;
(2) that there has been a substantial lowering of the level of ground water in the area that has resulted in the failure of the well to:
(A) furnish the well's normal supply of water; or
(B) furnish potable water if the failure is caused by natural variations in the potability of water in the source aquifer;
(3) that the well and the well's equipment were functioning properly at the time of the failure;
(4) that the failure of the well was caused by the lowering of the ground water level in the area;
(5) that the lowering of the ground water level is such that the ground water level:
(A) exceeds normal seasonal water level fluctuations; and
(B) substantially impairs continued use of the ground water resource in the area; and
(6) that the lowering of the ground water level was caused by at least one (1) significant ground water withdrawal facility;
the director shall, by temporary order, declare a ground water emergency.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 14. Natural and Cultural Resources § 14-25-4-9 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-14-natural-and-cultural-resources/in-code-sect-14-25-4-9.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?