Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 8. In granting or refusing a permit, the department shall consider the following:
(1) The effect the withdrawal of additional ground water from the restricted use area will have on future supplies in the area.
(2) What use is to be made of the water.
(3) How the withdrawal will affect present users of ground water in the area.
(4) Whether the future natural replenishment is likely to become more or less.
(5) Whether future demands for ground water are likely to be greater or less.
(6) How the withdrawal of additional ground water will affect the health and best interests of the public.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 14. Natural and Cultural Resources § 14-25-3-8 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-14-natural-and-cultural-resources/in-code-sect-14-25-3-8.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?