Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 11. (a) The department shall maintain statistics on the use of environmental audit reports in department compliance and enforcement activities, including statistics on:
(1) the number of times the reports are disclosed to the department;
(2) the number and types of violations disclosed to the department through the reports;
(3) the civil penalties collected for the violations; and
(4) the time necessary for the violations to be corrected.
The department shall report annually to the interim study committee on environmental affairs established by IC 2-5-1.3-4 in an electronic format under IC 5-14-6 on the use of environmental audit reports.
(b) The department shall propose an enforcement policy, pursuant to IC 13-14-1-11.5, that provides relief from civil penalties for a voluntary disclosure that results from an internal environmental audit. In developing this enforcement policy, the department shall consider similar policies implemented by:
(1) the United States Environmental Protection Agency; and
(2) states contiguous to Indiana.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 13. Environment § 13-28-4-11 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-13-environment/in-code-sect-13-28-4-11.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?