Sec. 7 . The department and the board shall allow a person to use foundry sand that meets Type III criteria under 329 IAC 10-9 for the following activities in accordance with guidance without requiring the person to obtain any permits from the department:
(1) As a daily cover for litter and vermin control at a landfill in accordance with any applicable permits issued for the landfill.
(2) As a protective cover for a landfill leachate system in accordance with any applicable permits issued for the landfill.
(3) For use as capped embankments for ground and sight barriers under ten thousand (10,000) cubic yards or embankments for airports, bridges, or overpasses.
(4) For use:
(A) in a land application operation; or
(B) as a soil amendment;
if the application or amendment does not include the operation of a landfill.
(5) As a structural fill base capped by clay, asphalt, or concrete for the following:
(B) Road shoulders.
(C) Parking lots.
(D) Floor slabs.
(E) Utility trenches.
(F) Bridge abutments.
(G) Tanks and vaults.
(H) Construction or architectural fill.
(I) Other similar uses.
(6) As a raw material constituent incorporated into another product, including the following:
(A) Flowable fill.
(F) Portland cement.
(H) Roofing materials.
(I) Rock wool.
(L) Mineral wool.
(M) Lightweight aggregate.
(P) Other similar products.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.