§ 25. Prohibited civil unions. The following civil unions are prohibited:
(1) a civil union entered into prior to both parties attaining 18 years of age;
(2) a civil union entered into prior to the dissolution of a marriage or civil union or substantially similar legal relationship of one of the parties;
(3) a civil union between an ancestor and a descendant or between siblings whether the relationship is by the half or the whole blood or by adoption;
(4) a civil union between an aunt or uncle and a niece or nephew, whether the relationship is by the half or the whole blood or by adoption; and
(5) a civil union between first cousins.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.