§ 3-116.3. Application for a certificate of title to a severed manufactured home.
(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, where a manufactured home has been affixed to a permanent foundation, and an affidavit of affixation has been recorded as part of the real property records in the county in which the manufactured home is located in accordance with the Conveyance and Encumbrance of Manufactured Homes as Real Property and Severance Act, 1 and where the manufactured home subsequently is detached or severed from the real property, the owner (all, if more than one) of the manufactured home shall, unless exempted by other provisions of this Code, apply for a new certificate of title by filing with the Secretary of State an application for a certificate of title to a manufactured home, to be issued in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 3-109, containing or accompanied by:
(1) the name, residence, and mailing address of the owner;
(2) a description of the manufactured home, including the name of the manufacturer, the make, the model name, the model year, the dimensions, and the vehicle identification number or numbers of the manufactured home and whether it is new or used, and any other information the Secretary of State requires;
(3) a statement signed by the applicant, stating either: (i) any facts or information known to the applicant that could reasonably affect the validity of the title of the manufactured home or the existence or non-existence of any security interest in or lien on it or (ii) that no such facts or information are known to the applicant;
(4) a certified copy of the recorded affidavit of severance provided in accordance with the Conveyance and Encumbrance of Manufactured Homes as Real Property and Severance Act; and
(5) any other information and documents the Secretary of State reasonably requires.
(b) Upon satisfaction of the requirements of subsection (a) of this Section and subsection (b) of Section 3-109, the Secretary of State shall issue a new certificate of title pursuant to subsection (b) of Section 3-109 and update his or her records in accordance with the provisions of Section 3-106.
(c) Immediately upon satisfaction of the requirements of this Section and thereafter, a manufactured home shall be conveyed and encumbered as personal property.
(d) The satisfaction of the requirements of this Section with respect to a manufactured home shall have no effect on the manner in which such manufactured home is taxed pursuant to the Property Tax Code or the Mobile Home Local Services Tax Act.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.