§ 3-116.2. Application for surrender of title.
(a) The owner (all, if more than one) of a manufactured home that is covered by a certificate of title, including, if applicable, a certificate of title issued in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 3-109, and that is permanently affixed to real property as defined in the Conveyance and Encumbrance of Manufactured Homes as Real Property and Severance Act, 1 or which the owner intends to permanently affix to real property as defined in the Conveyance and Encumbrance of Manufactured Homes as Real Property and Severance Act, may surrender the certificate of title to the manufactured home to the Secretary of State by filing with the Secretary of State an application for surrender of title containing or accompanied by:
(1) the name, residence, and mailing address of the owner;
(2) a description of the manufactured home including the name of the manufacturer, the make, the model name, the model year, the dimensions, and the vehicle identification number or numbers of the manufactured home and whether it is new or used and any other information the Secretary of State requires;
(3) the date of purchase by the owner of the manufactured home, the name and address of the person from whom the home was acquired and the names and addresses of any security interest holders and lienholders in the order of their apparent priority;
(4) a statement signed by the owner, stating either, (i) any facts or information known to the owner that could reasonably affect the validity of the title to the manufactured home or the existence or non-existence of a security interest in or lien on it; or (ii) that no such facts or information are known to the owner;
(5) a certified copy of the affidavit of affixation in accordance with the Conveyance and Encumbrance of Manufactured Homes as Real Property and Severance Act;
(6) the original certificate of title;
(7) the name and mailing address of each owner of the manufactured home or such owner's designee wishing written acknowledgment of surrender from the Secretary of State;
(8) a release of security interests (if any) pursuant to Section 3-205 of this Code; and
(9) any other information and documents the Secretary of State reasonably requires to identify the owner of the manufactured home and to enable him or her to determine whether the owner satisfied the requirements of the Conveyance and Encumbrance of Manufactured Homes as Real Property and Severance Act and is entitled to surrender the certificate of title and the existence or non-existence of security interests in or liens on the manufactured home.
(b) The Secretary of State shall not accept for surrender a certificate of title to a manufactured home unless and until all security interests or liens perfected pursuant to Sections 3-106 and 3-202 have been released.
(c) When satisfied as to the genuineness and regularity of the surrender of a certificate of title to a manufactured home, payment of any applicable fees and upon satisfaction of the requirements of subsections (a) and (b) of this Section, the Secretary of State shall (i) cancel the certificate of title and update his or her records in accordance with the provisions of Section 3-106 and (ii) provide written acknowledgment of compliance with the provisions of this Section to each person identified on the application for surrender of title pursuant to subsection (a)(7) of this Section.
(d) Upon satisfaction of the requirements of this Section, a manufactured home shall be conveyed and encumbered as provided in the Conveyance and Encumbrance of Manufactured Homes as Real Property and Severance Act. If the application to surrender a certificate of title is delivered to the Secretary of State within 60 days of recording the related affidavit of affixation with the recording officer in the county in which the real property to which the manufactured home is or shall be affixed, and the application is thereafter accepted by the Secretary of State, the requirements of this Section shall be deemed satisfied as of the date the affidavit of affixation is recorded.
(e) Upon written request by a person identified on the application for surrender of title pursuant to subsection (a)(7) of this Section, the Secretary of State shall provide written acknowledgment of compliance with the provisions of this Section.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.