Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
§ 18c-5101. Unlawful Activities. It shall be unlawful for any person:
(1) To act as a broker without a license in good standing issued to it by the Commission;
(2) To act as a broker in violation of any provision of this Chapter, Commission regulations and orders, or any other law of this state;
(3) To act as a broker of any shipment which the person owns or in which the person has a beneficial interest;
(4) To act as a broker of any shipment over which the person is able to exercise control because the person acting as a broker owns or controls the shipper, the shipper owns or controls the person acting as a broker, or there is a common ownership or control of the two;
(5) Which is also a broker to act or represent itself as a shipper in dealing with a common or contract carrier of property by motor vehicle;
(6) To act as a broker in connection with transportation by a person other than an authorized common or contract carrier of property by motor vehicle, unless the carrier does not require authorization to transport the shipment;
(7) To act as a broker in connection with transportation at other than lawfully applicable rates for the motor carrier service;
(8) To act as a broker in any name other than that which appears on its Commission license;
(9) To act as a broker without fully disclosing its brokering status;
(10) To provide transportation service with regard to freight for which it was the broker;
(11) To receive any compensation for brokering services other than a fee assessed to the shipper or, alternatively, to the carrier, in addition to freight charges at lawfully applicable rates for the motor carrier service;
(12) To advertise, offer, or give anything of value to a shipper, consignor, or consignee, other than inexpensive promotional items; or
(13) Act as a broker of household goods.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Illinois Statutes Chapter 625. Vehicles § 5/18c-5101. Unlawful Activities - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/il/chapter-625-vehicles/il-st-sect-625-5-18c-5101.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?