Illinois Statutes Chapter 15. Executive Officers § 50/10. Repository of board and commission membership; meeting notices
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Illinois Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
§ 10. Repository of board and commission membership; meeting notices.
(a) The Office shall establish and maintain on the Internet a centralized, searchable database, freely accessible to the public, of information relating to appointed positions on the State's boards and commissions.
The database shall include, at a minimum:
(1) The qualifications for, and the powers, duties, and responsibilities of, each appointed position on each of the State's boards and commissions.
(2) The name and term of each current appointed member of a board or commission.
(3) Each current vacancy in appointed membership of each of the State's boards and commissions.
(4) Information as to how a person may apply for appointment to a board or commission, including a uniform application that may be downloaded and printed or that may be submitted electronically. Such application shall include a data field where an applicant shall disclose his or her ethnicity, gender and disability status for reporting purposes. Additionally, such application shall include a data field where an applicant may optionally disclose his or her sexual orientation for reporting purposes.
(5) A link to that section of the Secretary of State's website that allows the public to search Statements of Economic Interest filed with the Secretary of State.
(b) In addition to the requirements of subsection (a) of this Section, the Office shall establish and maintain on the Internet:
(1) a centralized location for an electronic mail listserv for subscribers to receive notices of the meetings of each board and commission and the meeting's agenda; and
(2) a listing of the meeting times and agendas for each board and commission.
The Office shall send and post meeting notices and agendas pursuant to paragraphs (1) and (2) at least 48 hours before each meeting. For the purposes of this subsection (b), “electronic mail listserv” means an automatic mailing list server used to manage electronic mail transmissions to a list of subscribers.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Illinois Statutes Chapter 15. Executive Officers § 50/10. Repository of board and commission membership; meeting notices - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/il/chapter-15-executive-officers/il-st-sect-15-50-10.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?