Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
§ 9.37. The College and Career Interest Task Force.
(a) The College and Career Interest Task Force is created to determine the process by which Illinois public high school student college or career interest data may be collected and shared amongst public institutions of higher education. The Task Force shall consist of all of the following members:
(1) One member from each of the following public institutions of higher education, appointed by the board of trustees of the institution:
(A) Chicago State University;
(B) Eastern Illinois University;
(C) Governors State University;
(D) Illinois State University;
(E) Northeastern Illinois University;
(F) Northern Illinois University;
(G) Southern Illinois University at Carbondale;
(H) Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville;
(I) University of Illinois at Chicago;
(J) University of Illinois at Springfield;
(K) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; and
(L) Western Illinois University.
(2) One member from the Board, appointed by the Board.
(3) One member from the Illinois Community College Board, appointed by the Illinois Community College Board.
(4) One member from the Illinois Student Assistance Commission, appointed by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission.
(5) The State Superintendent of Education, or his or her designee.
(6) One member representing regional offices of education, recommended by a statewide organization that represents regional superintendents of schools.
(7) One member representing school boards, recommended by a statewide organization that represents school boards.
(8) One member representing school principals, recommended by a statewide organization that represents principals.
(9) One member representing school administrators, recommended by a statewide organization that represents school administrators.
(10) One member representing teachers, recommended by a statewide organization that represents teachers.
(11) One member representing teachers, recommended by a different statewide organization that represents teachers.
(12) One member representing teachers, recommended by an organization representing teachers of a school district.
(13) One member representing Chicago Public Schools.
(14) One member representing large unit school districts.
(15) One member representing suburban school districts.
(16) One member representing south suburban school districts.
(17) One member representing a statewide organization focused on research-based education policy to support a school system that prepares all students for college, a career, and democratic citizenship.
(18) One member representing an education advocacy organization that works with parents or guardians.
(19) One member representing a high school district organization in this State.
(b) Members of the Task Force shall serve without compensation but may be reimbursed for their reasonable and necessary expenses from funds appropriated to the Board for that purpose, including travel, subject to the rules of the appropriate travel control board. The Board shall provide administrative and other support to the Task Force.
(c) The Task Force shall meet at the call of the Board and shall study the feasible methods by which the college or career interest data of a high school student in this State may be collected and shared amongst public institutions of higher education. The Task Force shall submit the findings of the study to the General Assembly on or before January 30, 2019, at which time the Task Force is dissolved. The report to the General Assembly shall be filed with the Clerk of the House of Representatives and the Secretary of the Senate in electronic form only, in the manner that the Clerk and the Secretary shall direct.
(d) This Section is repealed on July 1, 2019.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Illinois Statutes Chapter 110. Higher Education §.37.The College and Career Interest Task Force - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/il/chapter-110-higher-education/il-st-sect-110-205-9-37/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.