Idaho Statutes Title 49. Motor Vehicles § 49-456. Violations of registration provisions

It shall be unlawful for any person:

(1) To operate or for the owner to permit the operation upon a highway of any motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer which is not registered and which does not have attached and displayed the license plates assigned to it for the current registration year, subject to the exemptions allowed in sections 49-426 , 49-431 and 49-432, Idaho Code .

(2) To operate or for the owner to permit the operation on state and federal lands or upon highways, or sections of highways, as permitted under section 49-426(3) and (4), Idaho Code , any all-terrain vehicle, utility type vehicle or motorbike that does not have a valid and properly displayed restricted license plate issued pursuant to this chapter and attached registration sticker issued pursuant to section 67-7122, Idaho Code , subject to the exemptions allowed in section 49-426(2), Idaho Code .

(3) To display or cause or permit to be displayed, or to have in possession any registration card or license plate knowing the same to be fictitious or to have been canceled, revoked, suspended or altered.

(4) To lend or knowingly permit the use by one not entitled to any registration card or license plate issued to the person so lending or permitting that use.

(5) To fail or refuse to surrender to the department, upon demand, any registration card or license plate which has been suspended, canceled or revoked.

(6) To use a false or fictitious name or address in any application for the registration of any vehicle or for any renewal or duplicate, or knowingly to make a false statement or conceal a material fact or otherwise commit a fraud in any application.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.