(1) It shall be unlawful to sell or distribute tobacco products or electronic cigarettes by any means other than vendor assisted sales where the customer has no access to the product except through the assistance of the seller.
(2) On and after January 1, 2000, it shall be unlawful to sell or distribute tobacco products from a vending machine.
(3) On and after January 1, 2013, it shall be unlawful to sell or distribute electronic cigarettes from a vending machine.
(4) It shall be unlawful to sell or distribute tobacco products or electronic cigarettes from self-service displays.
(5) Stores with tobacco products comprising at least seventy-five percent (75%) of total merchandise are exempt from requiring vendor assisted sales, if minors are not allowed in the store and such prohibition is posted clearly on all entrance doors.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.