Idaho Statutes Title 39. Health and Safety § 39-4405. Rules in general
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Idaho Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
Pursuant to the procedures established by the Idaho administrative procedure act, chapter 52, title 67, Idaho Code, the board shall adopt such rules as are necessary and feasible for the management of the generation, collection, transportation, treatment, storage, and disposal of hazardous wastes within the state. The board shall also adopt such rules as necessary to regulate persons who produce, burn, distribute, and market fuel containing hazardous waste. The rules promulgated by the board shall be a part of this code and shall have the force and effect of law. Such rules shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) Criteria for the determination of whether any waste or combination of wastes is hazardous for the purposes of this chapter;
(2) Rules for those who generate, transport, treat, store, or dispose of hazardous wastes;
(3) Rules, consistent with those issued by the United States environmental protection agency and the United States department of transportation, for containerization, labeling and manifesting of hazardous wastes;
(4) Rules specifying the terms and conditions under which the department shall issue, modify, suspend, revoke, or deny such permits as shall be required by this chapter;
(5) Lists of those wastes or combinations of wastes which are not compatible and which may not be stored or disposed of together;
(6) Procedures and requirements for the reporting of the generation, transportation, treatment, storage or disposal of hazardous wastes;
(7) Rules establishing standards and procedures for the training of personnel at generation sites and at hazardous waste facilities and sites;
(8) Release detection, prevention and correction rules applicable to all owners and operators of underground storage tanks, as may be necessary to protect human health and the environment;
(9) Rules specifying radioactive materials or other radioactive materials occurring naturally that may be disposed of at a commercial hazardous waste facility or site.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Idaho Statutes Title 39. Health and Safety § 39-4405. Rules in general - last updated January 01, 2023 | https://codes.findlaw.com/id/title-39-health-and-safety/id-st-sect-39-4405.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?