The petition for administration of a small estate must contain the following:
1. The name, domicile, and date of death of the decedent.
2. The name and address of the surviving spouse.
3. The name and relationship of each heir so far as known to the petitioner in an intestate estate.
4. Whether the decedent died intestate or testate, and, if testate, the date the will was executed.
5. A statement that the probate assets of the decedent subject to the jurisdiction of this state do not have an aggregate gross value of more than the amount permitted under the provisions of section 635.1 and the approximate amount of personal property and income for the purposes of setting a bond.
6. The name and address of the proposed personal representative.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.