Skip to main content

Iowa Code Title XII. Business Entities [Chs. 486-504C] § 486A.1202. Fees

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

1. The secretary of state shall collect fees for documents described in this subsection which are delivered to the secretary's office for filing as follows:




Statement of qualification․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․

$ 50


Statement of foreign qualification․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․



Amendment to statement of qualification․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․

$ 20


Amendment to statement of foreign qualification․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․

$ 20


Cancellation of statement of qualification․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․

$ 20


Cancellation of statement of foreign qualification․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․

$ 20


Application for certificate of existence or qualification․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․

$  5


Any other statement or document required or permitted to be filed․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․․

$  5

2. The secretary of state shall collect a fee of five dollars each time process is served on the secretary under this chapter.  The party to a proceeding causing service of process is entitled to recover this fee as costs if the party prevails in the proceeding.

3. The secretary of state shall collect fees for copying and certifying the copy of any filed document relating to a domestic or foreign partnership as follows:

a. One dollar a page for copying.

b. Five dollars for the certificate.

Cite this article: - Iowa Code Title XII. Business Entities [Chs. 486-504C] § 486A.1202. Fees - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard