Iowa Code Title XI. Natural Resources [Chs. 455-485] § 466B.43. Water quality agriculture infrastructure programs
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. As part of the water quality initiative established pursuant to section 466B.42, the division shall administer water quality agriculture infrastructure programs created in this section.
2. The purpose of the programs is to support projects for the installation of infrastructure, including conservation structures, practices, or other measures that reduce contributing nutrient loads, associated sediment, or contaminants from sources to surface waters including but not limited to surface waters on the impaired waters list of the state that are used as a drinking water supply. The programs shall be administered in a manner that is consistent with the Iowa nutrient reduction strategy.
3. An edge-of-field infrastructure program is created. The program shall support projects located on agricultural land, which may include demonstration projects, that capture or filter nutrients entering into a surface water. The program’s projects shall be limited to infrastructure designed and installed for use over multiple years, including but not limited to wetlands, bioreactor systems, saturated buffers, or land use changes. The program shall be financed on a cost-share basis.
4. An in-field infrastructure program is created. The program shall support projects located on agricultural land, which may include demonstration projects, that decrease erosion and precipitation-induced surface runoff, increase water infiltration rates, and increase soil sustainability. The program’s projects shall be limited to infrastructure designed and installed for use over multiple years, including but not limited to structures, terraces, and waterways located on cropland or pastureland, and including but not limited to soil conservation or erosion control structures or managed drainage systems. The program shall be financed on a cost-share basis.
5. Any state moneys used to finance a project under a water quality agriculture infrastructure program shall be administered according to an agreement entered into by the division and the owner of the land where the infrastructure is to be installed. The agreement shall include standard terms and conditions for the receipt of program moneys and any other terms and conditions the division deems necessary or convenient for the efficient administration of the project or program. The division may support multiple installations of infrastructure on a single parcel of land. The division may also combine programs if cost effective. The division may annually use an amount of not more than four percent of the moneys used to support each program for administrative purposes.
6. By October 1, 2019, and each October 1 thereafter, the division shall submit a report to the governor and the general assembly itemizing expenditures, by hydrologic unit code 8 watershed, under the programs during the previous fiscal year, if any.
7. Any information obtained by the division identifying a person holding a legal interest in agricultural land or specific agricultural land shall be a confidential record under section 22.7.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title XI. Natural Resources [Chs. 455-485] § 466B.43. Water quality agriculture infrastructure programs - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-xi-natural-resources-chs-455-485/ia-code-sect-466b-43.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?