Iowa Code Title XI. Natural Resources [Chs. 455-485] § 459A.104. General authority--commission and department--purpose--compliance
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. The commission shall establish by rule adopted pursuant to chapter 17A, requirements relating to the construction, including expansion, or operation of all of the following:
a. Open feedlot operations, including any related open feedlot operation structures.
b. Animal truck wash facilities, including any related animal truck wash effluent structures.
2. Any provision referring generally to compliance with the requirements of this chapter as applied to open feedlot operations or animal truck wash facilities also includes compliance with requirements in rules adopted by the commission pursuant to this section, orders issued by the department as authorized under this chapter, and the terms and conditions applicable to licenses, certifications, permits, or nutrient management plans required under this chapter.
3. a. The purpose of this chapter is to provide requirements relating to the construction, including the expansion, and operation of all of the following:
(1) Open feedlot operations, and the control of open feedlot effluent.
(2) Animal truck wash facilities, and the control of animal truck wash effluent.
b. The provisions of this chapter shall be construed to supplement applicable provisions of chapter 459. If there is a conflict between the provisions of this chapter and chapter 459, the provisions of this chapter shall prevail.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title XI. Natural Resources [Chs. 455-485] § 459A.104. General authority--commission and department--purpose--compliance - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-xi-natural-resources-chs-455-485/ia-code-sect-459a-104.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?