Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. Methods to identify background standards shall be adopted by the commission after consideration of the joint recommendations of the department and the technical advisory committee.
2. The demonstration that the affected area meets the background standard shall be documented by the participant in the following manner:
a. Compliance with the background standard shall be demonstrated by collection and analysis of representative samples from environmental media of concern.
b. A final report that documents compliance with the background standard shall be submitted to the department and shall include, as appropriate, all of the following:
(1) A description of procedures and conclusions of the site investigation to characterize the nature, extent, direction, volume, and composition of hazardous substances.
(2) The basis for selecting environmental media of concern, descriptions of removal or decontamination procedures performed in remediation, and summaries of sampling methodology and analytical results which demonstrate that the background standard has been complied with.
(3) The basis for determining the background levels.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title XI. Natural Resources [Chs. 455-485] § 455H.202. Background standards - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-xi-natural-resources-chs-455-485/ia-code-sect-455h-202.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?