1. “Abate” means to cancel in their entirety all applicable amounts.
2. “Compromise” means to enter into a contractual agreement for the payment of taxes, interest,
fees, and costs in amounts different from those specified by law.
3. “County system” means a method of data storage and retrieval as approved by the auditor of state
including, but not limited to, tax lists, books, records, indexes, registers, or schedules.
4. “Legal representative” means a parent, guardian, or conservator of a person with a legal disability, a
person appointed by a court to act on behalf of a person with a legal disability,
or a person acting on behalf of a person with a legal disability pursuant to a power
5. “Parcel” means each separate item shown on the tax list, manufactured or mobile home tax
list, schedule of assessment, or schedule of rate or charge.
6. “Person with a legal disability” means a minor or a person of unsound mind.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.