Iowa Code Title VII. Education and Cultural Affairs [Chs. 256-305B] § 257C.2. Legislative findings
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
The general assembly finds as follows:
1. The establishment of the authority is in all respects for the benefit of the people of the state of Iowa and the improvement of the financing procedures for Iowa's schools.
2. The authority will be performing an essential governmental function in the exercise of the powers and duties conferred upon it by this chapter.
3. Iowa schools face a serious and increasing problem with cash flow difficulties caused, among other factors, by increasing reliance on state school foundation aid, delays in the payment of state school foundation aid, and the periodic payment of property taxes for school purposes.
4. As a result of their increasing cash flow difficulties, Iowa schools have had to borrow on a short-term basis larger amounts of funds more often, thus increasing their borrowing costs significantly.
5. The short-term borrowing costs of Iowa schools are a direct burden on the taxpayers of the state.
6. It is necessary to create the authority to provide a means for Iowa schools to reduce substantially or eliminate their short-term borrowing costs and thus reduce costs to the taxpayers.
7. All of the purposes stated in this section are public purposes and uses for which public moneys may be borrowed, expended, advanced, loaned or granted.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title VII. Education and Cultural Affairs [Chs. 256-305B] § 257C.2. Legislative findings - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-vii-education-and-cultural-affairs-chs-256-305b/ia-code-sect-257c-2/
Was this helpful?