Hawaii Revised Statutes Division 5. Crimes and Criminal Proceedings § 708-814
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Hawaii Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
A. A service contract shall:
(1) be written in language that is understandable and printed in a typeface that is easy to read;
(2) include the amount, if applicable, of any deductible that the holder is required to pay;
(3) include the name, address and telephone number of the provider and, if applicable:
(a) the name, address and telephone number of the administrator;
(b) the name of the holder, if provided by the holder; and
(c) the name, address and telephone number of the seller; however, the names and addresses of the foregoing persons are not required to be preprinted on the service contract and may be added to the service contract at the time of the sale;
(4) include the purchase price of the service contract; however, the purchase price of the service contract is not required to be preprinted on the service contract and may be added to the service contract at the time of the sale;
(5) include a description of the property covered by the service contract;
(6) specify the duties of the provider and any limitations, exceptions or exclusions;
(7) if the service contract covers a motor vehicle, indicate whether replacement parts that are not made for or by the original manufacturer of the motor vehicle may be used to comply with the terms of the service contract;
(8) include, if applicable, any restrictions on transferring or renewing the service contract;
(9) include the terms, restrictions or conditions for canceling the service contract before it expires and the procedure for canceling the service contract. The conditions for canceling the service contract shall include the provisions of Section 59A-58-12 NMSA 1978;
(10) include the duties of the holder under the contract, including the duty to protect against damage to the property covered by the service contract or to comply with any instructions included in the owner's manual for the property;
(11) indicate whether the service contract authorizes the holder to recover consequential damages; and
(12) indicate whether any defect in the property covered by the service contract existing on the date the contract is purchased is not covered under the service contract.
B. A provider shall not allow, make or cause to be made a false or misleading statement in any of the provider's service contracts or intentionally omit a material statement that causes a service contract to be misleading. The superintendent may require the provider to amend any service contract that the superintendent determines is false or misleading.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Hawaii Revised Statutes Division 5. Crimes and Criminal Proceedings § 708-814 - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/hi/division-5-crimes-and-criminal-proceedings/hi-rev-st-sect-708-814.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?