(a) This chapter shall be liberally construed and applied to promote its underlying purposes and policies.
(b) The underlying purposes and policies of this chapter are to:
(1) Simplify and clarify the law concerning the affairs of decedents, missing persons, protected persons, minors and incapacitated persons;
(2) Discover and make effective the intent of a decedent in distribution of the decedent's property;
(3) Promote a speedy and efficient system for liquidating the estate of the decedent and making distribution to the decedent's successors;
(4) Facilitate use and enforcement of certain trusts; and
(5) Make uniform the law among the various jurisdictions.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.