This chapter shall apply to all powers of attorney except:
(1) A power to the extent it is coupled with an interest in the subject of the power, including a power given to or for the benefit of a creditor in connection with a credit transaction;
(2) A power to make health care decisions;
(3) A power created by a legal parent or legal guardian placing the care of a minor or a disabled adult under another person;
(4) A proxy or other delegation to exercise voting rights or management rights with respect to an entity; and
(5) A power created on a form prescribed by a government or governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality for a governmental purpose.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.