Hawaii Revised Statutes Division 2. Business § 425E-902. Application for certificate of authority

(a) A foreign limited partnership may apply for a certificate of authority to transact business in this State by delivering an application to the director for filing.  The application shall state:

(1) The name of the foreign limited partnership and, if the name does not comply with section 425E-108(d) and (e) , an alternate name adopted pursuant to section 425E-905(a) ;

(2) The name of the state or other jurisdiction under whose law the foreign limited partnership is organized;

(3) The mailing address of the foreign limited partnership's principal office and the information required by section 425R-4(a) ;

(4) The name and address of each general partner;

(5) Whether the foreign limited partnership is a foreign limited liability limited partnership;  and

(6) The address of the office at which is kept a list of the names and addresses of the limited partners and their capital contributions, together with a written commitment on the part of the foreign limited partnership that it will keep those records until the registration of the foreign limited partnership in this State is canceled or withdrawn.

(b) The foreign limited partnership shall deliver with the completed application a certificate of good standing or a record of similar import duly authenticated by the secretary of state or other official having custody of limited partnership records in the state or country under whose law it is formed; provided that the certificate shall be dated not earlier than sixty days prior to the filing of the application. If the certificate is in a foreign language, a translation in English attested to under oath by the translator shall accompany the certificate.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard